Sunday, March 16, 2008

Remember when?

Tonight at dinner Juli asked if rocks are pretty. So James said they could be then he explained to her that diamonds are rocks and used my engagement ring as an example. It was hanging on a hook over the sink from earlier when I was washing dishes. I had also hung a necklace of hers there. She noticed it and said and my heart necklace is a pretty rock too. (It's not a rock, it may actually be plastic or something on a sterling silver chain, not sure.) The conversation that followed, went like this:

Juli: Remember when I was a baby and I bought that necklace?

{It was actually a gift from one of my coworkers.}

Me: How did you buy it, with what money?

Juli: Remember when I was little and people used to put lots of money in my pockets?

Me: Ummm.... no.

Juli: Well they did, and I wasted it all.

Me: You wasted it? On what?

Juli: On necklaces and stuff.

Me: Oh.


Ok...

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Cute story. I love what they come up with.