Thursday, September 6, 2007

First Day of School


So Juli started school today! I was really nervous but she did great. When we were getting ready to leave, she put on her little backpack and says, "I'm so glad to go to school!".


When we got there she went in and never looked back. She immediately started playing with the other kids. Then she noticed a little girl sitting at a table by herself coloring. She walked over and said, "Hi. Why you sitting all by yourself?" Then she sat down and started coloring with her while chatting her up! Her cousin Katie is in her class so she definitely has a friend there. Hopefully the rest of the day went as smoothly!



When we went back to pick her up, she didn't want to come home. They told us she did good. She went to sleep by herself at nap time on her mat! (This is no small feat! She's usually very clingy when she is going to sleep - and she needs help getting to sleep, unless she is in the car.) She was having so much fun there that she actually started crying because she wanted to stay at school! We told her she could go back tomorrow and she was OK with that until we tried to put her in the car. She didn't want to get in her seat because she didn't want to leave! Eventually she calmed down and we went home.

At home she kept talking about how much fun school was. She told us they have some of the same toys there that she has. She also told us the teacher read her "The Hungry Caterpillar" Book. We don't have that one at home, so they definitely read it there. She doesn't know (or at least says she doesn't) the other kids names yet, she calls them my boys and my girls.

Her teacher is Miss Donna and I think Miss Jen. I don't know if Miss Jen is in her class or another. I asked her what her teacher's name is and she told me Miss Donna. Then I asked her if she had any other teachers, and she said, "Yeah, Miss Aunt Jenn." I said, do you mean Miss Jen? She said, "Yeah, Miss Aunt Jenn." I said, no you have an Aunt Jenn and a teacher named Miss Jen. She just kept calling her Miss Aunt Jenn. :-)

She can't wait to go back tomorrow. I'm just glad she liked it!

No comments: