Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Our Newest Additions

Okay, so we have added some tenants to our lot. We went outside tonight after dinner to find some little visitors in our yard. There were three baby bunnies out there! At least we only counted three. They are pretty hard to spot in the grass, especially since they are so little.

Here's Juli pointing out Bunny number one. Do you see it?

Bunny number 1 - close up

Juli went to play on her slide and in her house, you can kind of see them in the first picture behind the fence. She was behind the slide for a while when I asked her what she was doing. She said, "There's a bunny." I said, "Yes, I know - it's in front of the fence." She said, "No, by my slide." I doubted there was another bunny but I went back to check it out. Sure enough, there was bunny #2 alongside our house.


Juli went into her play house for a while and she came out and told me there was a bunny in her house. Of course, I didn't believe her again, but I looked in and sure enough, there was bunny #3. Smart little bunny to move inside the house.



We aren't sure where their nest is or how old they are. They are the cutest little things! James wanted to pick one up, but we weren't sure if that would make the mother reject it or not. I'm not really an advocate of touching wild animals, but they were really cute! So we left them alone. Later on James did spot the mother sitting by the fence. Olivia just thought the whole thing was funny. Silly rabbits.

No comments: