Friday, May 1, 2009

Sesame Place, Member Preview Night 2009

I picked the girls up from school early today and we headed to Sesame Place. It opens for the season tomorrow and tonight was Member Preview Night. We got there just as it started to rain again. It had cleared up for most of the afternoon.

Yeah, we got a little wet.

The rain didn't stop the fun though. We got to see each of the characters as they were brought in for the season. Juli was SO excited, she was waving up a storm! Livi was a little leary of the really big characters. They don't look that big on TV!

We went for a walk through the water park, and believe it or not there were people in the water stuff! CRAZY! It was definitely not warm enough for that. We ended up by the theater just in time for a show. Good thing since it started raining pretty good then.

The girls were mesmerized by the show. I didn't catch it on camera, but Livi was singing and dancing and all. At one point she turned to me and said, "I shake my booty." LOL!


Sara woke up after the show started. I think she thought she was still dreaming. LOL

It started to POUR! So we decided to make a run for it and take a dinner break. Lo and behold, just as we were finishing our dinner the sun started coming out!

We headed over to the carousel. Here is Sara and Karen waiting in line:

Sara on the carousel. She didn't actually get to ride the horses, she was a bench rider with Livi who is a little afraid of the horses (LOL). Next time kiddo.
We did some more rides. There is video below on the one, I forget what it was called. It looked like an Elmo bug though. After the rides, Juli and Nonna decided to brave the nets. The started up the stairs and headed straight for the top.

That little shadow in the middle is Juli. She was terrified, not that I blame her. I wouldn't have gone up in the first place!

I told her she looked like spider-girl up there. That seemed to make her happy. I don't think she'll be doing this again. Nonna said Juli was practicing her meditation breathing the whole time she was scaling the nets.


Quick, one more ride before the park closes!

Pop & Livi taking a stroll. She did not like the rides at all (she must take after her dad). She was perfectly happy just walking around the park taking in the sights. When she wasn't trying to run away that is.

I think it's safe to say that Sara had a good time.

Juli on the Elmo-bug thing.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I cannot wait to get the girls there!! Adorable pics! Looks like the rain didn't rain on your parade!!