Monday, January 5, 2009

Making a List, Checking it Twice

The other day we had to run out to pick up a few things. Juli is very interested in trying to read/write everything so we went over my (very short) list. It looked a little like this:

  • milk
  • bread
  • AAA batteries
I decided to run to Target since I had my eye on some storage containers and a few other things not necessary, just wanted. We got the things on the list and were browsing around. I picked up a 2009 calendar since we didn't have one yet and Juli says, "Mommy, we do not need that, it's not on the list." Ok, so I had to explain to her that we didn't have a calendar yet, so we did need it even though we didn't put it on the list.

I also picked up a few other things, that I can't even remember what they are right now, but got the same reaction. "Mommy, that's not on our list, we don't need it." "Mommy, that is not on our list, you should put it back." I heard a few snickers from other shoppers. Luckily someone was amused by it.

I think next time I'm not sharing my list with her. ;-)

No comments: