Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Pop



If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Claudia Ghandi


It's been 16 years since we lost my Pop. He has now been missing from my life longer than he was in it. Somehow though, I don't miss him any less than I did the day I lost him. He was such a big part of my life, he influenced me in so many ways. Of course I miss him like crazy.


I also miss him for my girls. It saddens me that they will never know him. It saddens me that they will never get to spend time with him. I know they would have been the apples of his eye.


I miss him for my husband. It also saddens me that James will never know him. I think he would have really liked James. They would have had a lot in common. They would have had a great time going out on the boat. Then again, maybe two captains on one boat, might not have been such a good idea!

No comments: