Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

In the chaos that was this morning, I told Juli to go get a green shirt to wear today because it is St. Patrick's Day. She said, "Oh! It's St. Patrick's Day!" pause, "Are we going to have a drink?"

It didn't click at first so I said, "When we go downstairs, I'll get your cup like I always do."

She says, "NO Mommy, It's St. Patrick's Day! You just drink all day!!"

I said, "What do you mean?" I know full well what she meant, but I wasn't sure if she did.

She said, "On St. Patrick's Day, you just drink all day. You don't eat." Clearly, she didn't really know what she meant!

I asked her who told her that and she said Daddy. LOL. Nice. I'm not sure if he did or not, but I told her it was okay to eat today. ;-)

1 comment:

Karen, Chris, Maddie, Kyra said...

Well, Juli can have my drinks all day & I'll have her food! LOL