Thursday, October 16, 2008

And so it begins...

Tonight we were in the bathroom brushing our teeth before bed when Juli said, "Mommy, my shoes are not Skechers."

I said, "What??"

She said, "I SAID, my shoes are not skechers."

me - "I know." "Who told you that?"

Juli - "Hannah did."

me - "Does Hannah have skechers?"

Juli - "Yes." pause "Skechers are super fast. They are the fastest shoes and I don't have them."

Me - "Your shoes are superfast too. You told me they were superfast when we bought them."

Juli - "But Mommy, they aren't Skechers."

Me - "They're Nikes and Nikes are better than Skechers."

Ok so I didn't really say that last part. I wanted to. Does that make me bad? LOL I did say, "They're Nikes and they are super fast too. Skechers is just the name of Hannah's shoes, Nike is the name of your shoes. It doesn't really matter what kind of shoes they are."

In case you were wondering, Juli's response was - "Oh. Can I have my teeth medicine* now?"

LOL



*Teeth medicine = chewable flouride tablets (our water doesn't have flouride in it)