Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sick again

Sickness has invaded our house once again. James and the girls are pretty sick.

It started with Juli starting a fever on Friday night, which went away until Sunday night. Actually they both had runny noses for about a week. On Monday Juli's fever was back and she was just laying on the couch all day. So we went to the doctor.
Here's the verdict:

Livi - fluid in ears (off and on, mostly on since October) recommended going to ENT.

Juli - Right ear infection, Strep Throat, Cold. Juli also has large tonsils. I've commented before that she snores and the way she snores makes me nervous. The doctor recommended taking her to the ENT as well.

James went to the doctor later that day and he has Strep too. I'm praying I don't catch any of it!! I think I got lucky with the antibiotics I was taking from my wisdom teeth removal! I really hope I didn't jinx myself with that!

Today, Juli seems to be doing much better. She's eating and playing normally. She's still a bit on the grumpy side, but pretty normal. She's still coughing every now and then, with a few major hack attacks in the middle of the night.

Livi started with fevers last night. Before bed her temperature was 101. I gave her Tylenol and put her to bed around 9pm. She fought sleep and couldn't get comfortable. She woke me up crying a few times, but every time I went in she was still asleep, just whining. Poor thing.

She was up to 102 degrees this morning at 10:30am.I called the pediatrician's office and they want me to bring her back in to see if the fluid in her ears has become infected. So we will go there tonight when I get home from work.

When it rains it pours...

No comments: